The SQL SELECT statement returns a
result set of records from one or more tables.
Select statement is used to retrieve records
from RDBMS Database one or more tables.
SELECT column_name1,column_name2..column n
Practical example with web application:
Example with multiple tables:
FROM designation D
INNER JOIN UserProfile U on
What is SQL?
is a simple programming language designed for accessing and manipulating RDBMS
databases (MS-SQL server, Oracle, MySql
is ANSI (American national standards institute) standard language.
stands for Structured Query Language.
are 5 types of SQL statements
DRL (data retrieval language )
DDL(data definition language)
DML(data manipulation language)
DCL(data control language)
TCL(transaction control language)
Data in RDBS (Relational Database Management System) is stored in objects
table is a collection of related data entries and it consists of columns and
1. Using SQL you can create (ADD), DROP (Remove)
2. Using SQL you can create Database, Delete
3. Using SQL you can Insert,
Update, and Delete data (records) in table, and these
4. Operations also known as CRUD operation.
5. SQL can create stored procedures in a
6. SQL can create views in a database
7. SQL can set permissions on tables,
procedures, and views
SELECT TITLE,Employee,[Description] from